Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Life.

Not just the state of being a living human being.  
Not just blood pumping, lungs breathing, heart beating.

Life.  
True life.  
Life that wells up from within and overflows out of your soul.  
Forever life.  
Transcendent life.  
Refreshing, satisfying, fulfilling, inspiring life.

That is what I need.  In order to be more than the walking dead.  
Because this world sucks the life out of me.  And it's just plain not worth it.  
And I'm not strong enough, or good enough, or determined enough to go on without it.  

I need life. I need Life!  

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life..." (John 14:6)

He who has the Son has life... (1 John 5:12)

So, if I have Jesus then I have life!  I have The Life!

And yet, sometimes...sometimes I don't feel very alive.  
Satan wants to steal my life.  He wants to suffocate me with discouragement, frustration, stress, and disappointment. 

BUT

Ah, the body of Christ!...Yep, there it is.  Refreshing, satisfying, fulfilling, inspiring life.  It's found in the body of Christ.  It's found in fellowship with the Father and with His people.  "For where two or three gather in my name, there I am with them." (~Jesus, Matthew 18:20)

If Truth defeats Lies  
Then Fellowship defeats Death. 

Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him. (Romans 6:8)

Tonight I will go to bed feeling full of life.  I had the privilege of worshiping with fellow followers of Christ with abandon.  We raised our hands and our voices, glorifying the only One worthy of praise.  I had the joy of hearing God's Word, His life giving Word, taught with wisdom and passion....And to top it off, I had the delight of sipping a Root beer float, while laughing and sharing with brothers and sisters in Christ...My cup overflows (not the float, I drank every last sip of that)

No comments:

Post a Comment